Breaking Development Conference – Nashville – July 2014
Conference Session: Mobile Design Now
Luke Wroblewski is synonymous with Mobile First. He set the mobile design tone for the 2-day Breaking Development Conference.
- Lots to learn but more to unlearn about mobile.
- Above the fold: Scrolling is a continuation. Clicking is a decision.
- We’re trying to fit large screen to small.
- Hamburger Menu is a case of follow the leader imitation. The word menu, outlined to appear as a clickable object, was interpreted as a menu 21%+ more than the Hamburger Menu in A-B testing.
- It takes big changes to go small.
- Compared hotel sites with +/- 50% difference in process steps. [the difficulty of any extra field or step is magnified in mobile]
- Startup: Release/Refine/Repeat; Learn Faster
Luke Wroblewski conference notes can be found at: http://www.lukew.com/ff/
[On Mobile] “It takes big changes to go small.”